|Price||Available on request|
This hands on workshop provides delegates with advanced skills in designing Cisco Storage Networks. Delegates will learn about the key features of the MDS 9000 platform, and how to leverage these features to build highly available, extensible, intelligent SANS.
DCSNS includes hands-on labs to familiarize students with basic MDS 9000 configuration procedures, and design workshops where students will learn to design multi-protocol enterprise SANs and SAN extension solutions.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN.
- Design a multiprotocol SAN to meet a variety of customer requirements.
- Design a SAN that enables storage consolidation.
- Design a SAN security implementation that includes port and fabric security, secure management protocols, and role-based access control to meet security policy requirements.
- Design a SAN extension solution that meets application availability, performance, and scalability requirements
Course Introduction (3 topics)
- SCSI Overview
- Fibre Channel Overview
- MDS 9000 Hardware Installation Reference
MDS 9000 Platform Overview (5 topics)
- MDS 9000 Platform Components
- Intelligent Network Services
- Integrated Management
- Initial Switch Configuration
- System Architecture
Designing SAN Fabrics (8 topics)
- SAN Design Overview
- Application Architecture
- Designing Host Connectivity
- Designing Storage Connectivity
- Building the SAN
- Designing Redundant Fabrics
- Engineering SAN Traffic
- Simplifying Device Management
Consolidating Storage in the Data Center (3 topics)
- Consolidating Storage in the Data Center
- Designing Interoperable SANs
- Attaching iSCSI Hosts
Securing the SAN (2 topics)
- Securing the SAN Fabric
- Securing Management Interfaces
Designing SAN Extension Solutions (4 topics)
- Analyzing Business Objectives
- Connecting SANs with Optical Networks
- Connecting SANs with IP Networks
- Improving Performance, Availability, and Security
Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including SCSI and Fibre Channel.
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Very good overview of technologies new and old.”— Broadcast Engineer, Formula 1
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT