M6231 Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Database
This five-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2008 database. The course focuses on teaching individuals how to use SQL Server 2008 product features and tools related to maintaining a database.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases
Delegates will learn how to:
- Install and configure SQL Server 2008.
- Manage database files.
- Backup and restore databases.
- Manage security.
- Transfer data into and out of SQL Server.
- Automate administrative tasks.
- Replicate data between SQL Server instances.
- Maintain high availability.
- Monitor SQL Server
Installing and Configuring SQL Server1 topic
- The students will be introduced to planning for a SQL Server installation. The students will then be introduced to installing, configuring, and managing SQL Server
Managing Databases and Files1 topic
- The students will be introduced to database planning and creation, and using database options to control database behavior.
Disaster Recovery1 topic
- The students will be introduced to disaster recovery techniques for SQL Server. They will learn how to perform different types of backup and restore operations, including online restores and backup and restores of system databases
Managing Security1 topic
- The students will be introduced to protecting SQL Server. Students will learn about the SQL Server security model and how to use SQL Server security features to control access to databases and their contents
Transferring Data1 topic
- The students will be introduced to transfer data to and from SQL Server using UI and command-line tools, and learn about transferring and transforming data with SQL Server Integration Services
Automating Administrative Tasks1 topic
- The students will learn how to automate routine administrative tasks using jobs, operators, and alerts
Implementing Replication1 topic
- The students will be introduced to techniques for configuring SQL Server replication
Maintaining High Availability1 topic
- The students will be introduced to concepts and methods for maintaining high availability with SQL Server
Monitoring SQL Server1 topic
- The students will be introduced to monitoring SQL Server performance and activity
Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning1 topic
- The students will learn how to troubleshoot a variety of common SQL Server problems. Students will also learn how to tune SQL Server for improved performance using a variety of tools
Before attending this course, students must have:
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
Working knowledge of relational databases.
Some experience with database design
- MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance certification
- MCITP: Database Administrator 2008 Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator 2008 certification, MCITP
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
|M6231||Leeds (City Exchange)||5 days||$2,995||13-17||10-14||12-16|
|M6231||Newcastle upon Tyne||5 days||$2,995||09-13|
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.