MS6234 Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Elements of this syllabus are subject to change.
This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement an Analysis Services solution in an organization. The course discusses how to use the Analysis Services development tools to create an Analysis Services database and an OLAP cube, and how to use the Analysis Services management and administrative tools to manage an Analysis Services solution.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe how SQL Server Analysis Services can be used to implement analytical solutions.
- Create multidimensional analysis solutions with SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Implement dimensions and cubes in an Analysis Services solution.
- Implement measures and measure groups in an Analysis Services solution.
- Query a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Customize an Analysis Services cube.
- Deploy and secure an Analysis Services database.
- Maintain a multidimensional Analysis Services solution.
- Implement a Data Mining solution.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who design and maintain business intelligence solutions for their organization. These individuals work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job and may perform database administration and maintenance as part of their primary job responsibilities.
The secondary audience for this course is individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server Analysis Services to the organization.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (1 topic)
- This module introduces common analysis scenarios and describes how Analysis Services provides a powerful platform for multidimensional OLAP solutions and data mining solutions. The module then describes the main considerations for installing Analysis Services
Creating Multidimensional Analysis Solutions (1 topic)
- This module introduces the development tools you can use to create an Analysis Services multidimensional analysis solution, and describes how to create data sources, data source views, and cubes
Working with Cubes and Dimensions (1 topic)
- This module describes how to edit dimensions and to configure dimensions, attributes, and hierarchies
Working with Measures and Measure Groups (1 topic)
- This module explains how to edit and configure measures and measure groups
Querying Multidimensional Analysis Solutions (1 topic)
- This module introduces multidimensional expressions (MDX) and describes how to implement calculated members and named sets in an Analysis Services cube
Customizing Cube Functionality (1 topic)
- This module explains how to customize a cube by implementing key performance indicators (KPIs), actions, perspectives, and translations
Deploying and Securing an Analysis Services Database (1 topic)
- This module describes how to deploy an Analysis Services database to a production server, and how to implement security in an Analysis Services multidimensional solution.
Maintaining a Multidimensional Solution (1 topic)
- This module discusses the maintenance tasks associated with an Analysis Services solution, and describes how administrators can use the Analysis Services management tools to perform them
Introduction to Data Mining (1 topic)
- This module introduces data mining, and describes how to implement data mining structures and models. It then explains how to validate data model accuracy
Before attending this course, students must have: Conceptual understanding of OLAP solutions. Experience navigating the Microsoft Windows Server environment. Experience with Windows services (starting and stopping). Experience creating service accounts and permissions. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including: SQL Server Agent. SQL Server query language (SELECT, UPDATE, INSERT, and DELETE). SQL Server System tables. SQL Server accounts (users and permissions).