This course is designed to develop participants’ skills and techniques, which will help them challenge, support and motivate groups. Whether your role involves helping others to learn, empowering others to take responsibility for getting things done or smoothing the path and removing obstacles to progress, this workshop will give you the capacity to help others achieve mutually successful outcomes for themselves and the organisation.
The workshop will be highly participative. Theories and tools will be discussed and put to use. Personal assessment, reflection and guidance will also feature on the workshop.
Anyone who wishes to enhance their communication skills to assist groups and meetings, in reaching a mutually acceptable consensus would benefit from attending this course.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Define what facilitate and facilitation mean
- Identify the skills and competencies required when facilitating
- Demonstrate the six step process in planning a facilitation session
- Select the appropriate facilitation method
- Choose from a range of intervention’s
- Establish rapport quickly and effectively whilst recognising the importance of interpersonal skills
- State the importance of receiving feedback and the willingness to disclosure
- Manage the barriers to problem solving
- Gain commitment through decision making and consensus
- Manage conflict constructively
Course Content (19 topics)
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- What happens in meetings?
- The role of a skilled facilitator
- Facilitation skills to structure interaction
- The behavioural skills of a facilitator
- Planning the facilitation session - the dimensions
- Interventions and levels of intervention
- Personal skills and characteristics of a facilitator
- Facilitation methods
- The use of brainstorming and mind mapping techniques
- Questioning techniques and listening skills
- Levels of communication
- The importance of body language
- Communication models
- Barriers to problem-solving effectiveness
- Healthy and unhealthy conflict
- The opportunity to practise facilitation skills
- Completion of a personal action plan