Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Make Meetings Work
Do you want your meetings to be successful?
Do you want ensure your contribution at meetings, either as a participant or the Chairperson, is structured, constructive and appropriate?
Meetings are vital for management and communication. Properly run meetings save time, increase motivation, productivity, and solve problems.
Well structured and managed meetings create new ideas and initiatives, achieve buy-in and can demonstrate the importance and value of the contribution from those attending. Every meeting needs a chairperson to direct proceedings and fulfills the vital role of ensuring the smooth running and successful completion of the meeting, for everyone attending. Every meeting also requires attendees, whose input, expertise, and opinion are sought.
This course will review the roles and skills necessary to enable you to make contributions that make a difference as well as presenting yourself in a professional manner.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Clarify your specific role in relation to each agenda item
- Identify potential opposition prior to a meeting
- Prepare your contributions to ensure maximum influence over discussions
- Use the dimensions of self-esteem to create a ‘feel good’ factor among the group
- Build personal credibility
- Use body language to communicate and influence
- Respond effectively when asked difficult questions
- Recognise the role and responsibilities of the chairperson
- State the unique challenges and effective behaviours when attending remote/global meetings
Course Topics (10 topics)
- Different types of meetings
- What makes an effective meeting?
- Barriers to communication
- Roles and responsibilities of the chair
- Setting an agenda
- Body language
- Handling conflict and keeping order
- Influencing skills
- Being prepared
- Personal Action Plan