Train the Trainer
Training is often thought of as being a single event, isolated from business needs – such thinking fails to see the whole picture. Training needs to be a systematic process which begins with analysing the training requirement in the context of business demands, and leads on to designing and delivering appropriate training solutions and evaluating the relevance of the learning to the organisational needs.
Anyone who is new to training or who already has a responsibility for training and wants to improve their existing training skills and techniques would benefit from attending this course.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe the systematic approach to training and development
- Select the appropriate training method taking into account individual learning styles
- Design effective learning material
- Develop strategies for building rapport and managing group participation
- Identify your own personal style as a trainer
- Learn how to evaluate training back at the workplace and at an organisational level
- Explore the future for training
- Consider your own continuous professional development
Course Outline14 topics
- Establish personal objectives for the course
- Helpful attitudes and values for trainers
- Key elements in training development
- The training cycle
- Training needs analysis
- Setting objectives
- Learning styles
- Communication skills for trainers
- The use of language in training
- Managing challenging participants
- Giving feedback
- Evaluation of training
- Delivery of training session and feedback
- Completion of a personal action plan
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.