Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Crystal Reports 2008 level 1
Organisations use reporting tools to access data sources and generate customised reports. Crystal Reports 2008 enhances report building and report processing techniques with a slew of features that add value to your presentation. In this course, you will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying its presentation.
This course is designed for persons who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, and/or such tools may not be accessible. Students may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the Crystal Reports interface.
- Create a basic report and modify it.
- Use formulas for filtering data.
- Build a parameterized report.
- Group report data.
- Enhance a report.
- Create a report using data sourced from an Excel database.
- Distribute data.
Exploring the Crystal Reports 2008 Interface (3 topics)
- Explore the Crystal Reports Interface
- Use the Crystal Reports Help
- Customise the Report Settings
Working with Reports (4 topics)
- Create a Report
- Modify a Report
- Display Specific Report Data
- Work with Report Sections
Using Formulas in Reports (5 topics)
- Create a Formula
- Edit a Formula
- Filter Data Using a Formula
- Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Handle Null Values
Building Parameterized Reports (3 topics)
- Create a Parameter Field
- Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Create a Prompt
Grouping Report Data (4 topics)
- Group Report Data
- Modify a Group Report
- Group Using Parameters
- Create a Parameterised Top N Report
Enhancing a Report (4 topics)
- Format a Report
- Insert Objects in a Report
- Suppress Report Sections
- Use Report Templates
Creating a Report from Excel Data (3 topics)
- Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
Distributing Data (2 topics)
- Export Data
- Creating Mailing Labels
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor