Crystal Reports 2008 level 1
Organisations use reporting tools to access data sources and generate customised reports. Crystal Reports 2008 enhances report building and report processing techniques with a slew of features that add value to your presentation. In this course, you will create a basic report by connecting to a database and modifying its presentation.
This course is designed for persons who need output from a database. In some cases, database programs have limited reporting tools, and/or such tools may not be accessible. Students may or may not have programming and/or SQL experience.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explore the Crystal Reports interface.
- Create a basic report and modify it.
- Use formulas for filtering data.
- Build a parameterized report.
- Group report data.
- Enhance a report.
- Create a report using data sourced from an Excel database.
- Distribute data.
Exploring the Crystal Reports 2008 Interface3 topics
- Explore the Crystal Reports Interface
- Use the Crystal Reports Help
- Customise the Report Settings
Working with Reports4 topics
- Create a Report
- Modify a Report
- Display Specific Report Data
- Work with Report Sections
Using Formulas in Reports5 topics
- Create a Formula
- Edit a Formula
- Filter Data Using a Formula
- Work with Advanced Formulas and Functions
- Handle Null Values
Building Parameterized Reports3 topics
- Create a Parameter Field
- Use a Range Parameter in a Report
- Create a Prompt
Grouping Report Data4 topics
- Group Report Data
- Modify a Group Report
- Group Using Parameters
- Create a Parameterised Top N Report
Enhancing a Report4 topics
- Format a Report
- Insert Objects in a Report
- Suppress Report Sections
- Use Report Templates
Creating a Report from Excel Data3 topics
- Create a Report Based on Excel Data
- Modify a Report Generated from Excel Data
- Update Data in a Report Based on Excel Data
Distributing Data2 topics
- Export Data
- Creating Mailing Labels
Before taking this course, students should be familiar with the basic functions of Windows, such as creating and navigating folders, opening programs, manipulating windows, copying and pasting objects, formatting text, and saving files. In addition, students should have taken the Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 1 course or have equivalent experience with basic database concepts (databases, tables, fields).
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.