|Price||Available on request|
This course provides delegates with advanced skills in implementing and troubleshooting Cisco Storage Networks.
This course focuses on advanced storage networking topics for the Cisco MDS Family of switches, including building virtual SAN fabrics, building heterogeneous SAN fabrics, configuring management and security services, configuring iSCSI, and advanced troubleshooting skills.
This course replaces the CASI. It also contains the Internet SCSI (iSCSI) content formerly found in Cisco Multiprotocol Storage Essentials (CMSE) v2.0
This course is intended for Field Engineers and System Engineers. This course will validate an individual's knowledge of installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cisco storage products to maintain a highly scalable, efficient, high performing storage networking environment.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Implement a SAN with multiple virtual fabrics using the full range of features and capabilities provided by the Cisco MDS platform, so that the SAN demonstrates high availability, scalability, performance, and interoperability.
- Configure and use fabric management, performance management and security services on the Cisco MDS platform so that the SAN can be effectively managed, tuned and secured.
- Diagnose and correct software configuration issues and inoperable hardware components, so that the problems are resolved with minimal disruption to the SAN environment.
- Identify and configure the appropriate iSCSI features to meet customer requirements.
This course will prepare delegates for the following exam:
- 642-356 CSSSS- Implementing Cisco Advanced Storage Network Solutions (IASNS)
Building Enterprise SAN Fabrics (5 topics)
- Configuring Advanced Fabric Services
- Implementing Virtual Fabric Addressing
- Implementing Inter-VSAN Routing
- Tuning Fabric Performance
- Building Heterogeneous Fabrics
Implementing Management and Security Services (4 topics)
- Management Infrastructure Implementation
- Monitoring Health and Performance
- Configuring AAA Services
- Implementing Port and Fabric Security
Advanced Troubleshooting (7 topics)
- Basic Troubleshooting Tools Review
- Capturing Protocol Traces
- Using Physical Port Diagnostics
- Troubleshooting Combined Generation 1 and Generation 2 Hardware Components
- Troubleshooting FX_Port Issues
- Troubleshooting the Data Path
- Troubleshooting Fabric Manager and Device Manager
Implementing iSCSI (4 topics)
- iSCSI Protocol Overview
- Basic iSCSI Configuration
- iSCSI Implementation OptionsiS
- CSI Server Load Balancing
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
Delegates looking to attend this course should hold a valid CCNA
Attendance of the ICSNS (Implementing Cisco Storage Network Solutions) is strongly recomended
ICSNS Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions
ICSNS is a 5-day Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions training course concerned with components of the Cisco MDS 900 product family.
“Excellent course, informative and well-paced.”— CSE, Cisco
“Very impressive instructor knowledge and experience. Very personable. Course included good general and specific content.”— Technical Account Manager, NYSE
“Excellent trainer, very clear, able to respond to questions. Good composure - 1st class!”— Applications Development Analyst, Hammersmith & Fulham Bridge Partnership
“Applying technology to our real time telco assisted understanding and felt more relevant. This made students more receptive.”— IS Business Analyst, Jersey Telecom
“Very informative and appropriate.”— Network Support Technician, BT