MS SharePoint Designer 2007 Level 1
This one day instructor led course teaches the core features and functions of SharePoint Designer 2007. Delegates will learn how to create and apply templates, control layout and spacing, create and apply style sheets, and apply IDs and classes. They will also insert, modify, and arrange images, create links and navigation bars, and insert and format tables. Finally, they will learn how to prepare a Web site for publishing.
Upon completion students will be able to:
- Discuss basic Internet and Web concepts, identify components of the SharePoint Designer interface, make basic adjustments to Web pages, and select elements.
- Plan the design and structure of a site, create a new one-page site and add folders and pages to it, create and edit a template, and apply a template to existing pages.
- Import content into a page from an external document, convert line breaks to paragraph breaks, insert non-breaking spaces and symbols, apply structural tags, create lists, create an external style sheet, and establish element and class styles.
- Define content sections; create and apply ID styles; apply margins, padding, and borders to an element; create a two-column layout; and clear an element to prevent it from wrapping around a floated section.
- Discuss image file formats, adjust basic image properties, apply alternate text to an image, and arrange images relative to adjacent content.•
- Create links, link bars, e-mail links, and bookmarks, customize link styles, create image maps, and link hotspots to bookmarks.
- Insert and format tables and table cells, insert and format rows and columns, create table captions, and work with nested tables in a table-based layout.
- Check for spelling errors and broken hyperlinks throughout a site, identify options associated with publishing sites, and connect to a server by using FTP.
Getting started4 topics
- Internet basics
- The SharePoint Designer workspace
- Page editing
Web sites3 topics
- Site planning basics
- Creating a Web site
Text formatting3 topics
- Text basics
- Structural formatting
- Cascading Style Sheets
Web page layout2 topics
- Basic CSS layout
- Basic layout techniques
- Image formats and properties
- Working with images
- Basic hyperlinks
- Link styles
- Image maps
- Working with tables
- Table-based layouts
- Proofing tools
- Web site publishing
All delegates should have a working knowledge of:
A working knowledge of computer.
An understanding of the concepts behind a SharePoint site
A desire to create and publish SharePoint sites
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.