ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Transition
The course builds on the general principles covered as part of the ITIL® Foundation course. It covers the lifecycle aspects of Service Transition and covers the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition stage of the lifecycle but not the detail of each of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the capability courses). Additionally the course looks at the concept of Service Transition as a practice and at the interfaces between Service Transition and the other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The course is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams. It is suitable for individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Transition stage of the Service Lifecycle. It offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
- The purpose of the Service Transition course is to obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology.
- The courses looks at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Transition.
- The course aims to explain the roles and justify the need of Service Transition in the Service Lifecycle.
- The course prepares delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examination in Service Transition.
- The course forms part of the ITIL® Intermediate qualification programme.
- The examination will consist of a complex multiple-choice, closed book paper, to be completed within 90 minutes. (Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do not have English as their first language will be allowed 120 minutes to allow use of a dictionary.) The pass mark will be 65% or more.
- Successful candidates will be awarded 3 credits towards the ITIL® Expert qualification.
Introduction to Service Transition3 topics
- The purpose, goals and objectives of service transition
- The scope of service transition and ways that service transition adds value to the business
- The context of service transition in relation to all other lifecycle stages
Service Transition Principles3 topics
- Service transition policies, principles and best practices for service transition
- How to use metrics to ensure the quality of a new or changed service and the effectiveness and efficiency of service transition
- The inputs to and outputs from service transition as it interfaces with the other service lifecycle phases
Service Transition Processes1 topic
- A management perspective of the purpose and value of the service transition processes, how they integrate within service transition and how they interface with other lifecycle phases
Managing People Through Service Transitions3 topics
- How to address and manage the communication and commitment aspects of service transition
- How to manage organizational and stakeholder change
- How to develop a stakeholder management strategy, map and analyse stakeholders and monitor changes in stakeholder commitment
Organizing for Service Transition4 topics
- How the technical and application management functions interface with service transition
- The interfaces that exist between service transition and other organizational units (including programmes, projects, service design and suppliers) and the handover points required to ensure delivery of new or change services within the agreed schedule
- Service transition roles and responsibilities, where and how they are used, as well as examples of how small or larger service transition organizations would be structured to use these roles
- Why service transition needs service design and service operation, what it uses from them and how
Service Transition Technology Considerations2 topics
- Technology requirements that support the service transition stage and its integration into the service lifecycle
- Types of knowledge management, service asset and configuration management and workflow tools that can be used to support service transition
Implementing and improving service transition2 topics
- The key activities for introducing an integrated service transition approach into an organization
- The design, creation, implementation and use of service transition in a virtual or cloud environment
Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks1 topic
- Be able to provide insight and guidance for service transition challenges, risks and critical success factors
Delegates are required to hold the ITILÂ® V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management or V2 to V3 bridge equivalent.
Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
Delegates are also required to spend time re-familiarising themselves with the foundation level material as this will be needed for the course they will be attending
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management The Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management - ITILV3 training course covers the five core fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library. code ITILF next date December 03 in Glasgow 45 other dates in 16 locations 3 days
- ITIL Service Capability: Release, Control & Validation 5 Day Instructor-led course on ITIL Service Capability - Provides a deep understanding of Release, Control and Validation processes. code RCV next date December 02 in Birmingham and London 7 other dates in 4 locations 5 days
- ITIL Service Capability: Planning, Protection & Optimisation 5 Day Instructor-led Course on ITIL Service Capability - Planning, Protection and Optimisation processes code PPO next date December 09 in Manchester and Wokingham 7 other dates in 4 locations 5 days
- ITIL Service Capability: Operational Support & Analysis 5 Day ITIL Service Capability Course - Enables an organisation to introduce application management functions as integral parts of the overall business code IOSA next date December 02 in London 12 other dates in 6 locations 5 days
- ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Operation ITIL Service Lifecycle - Includes Service Operation Principals, activities and technology considerations. Provides overview of Processes and Functions code LSO next date December 09 in London 9 other dates in 9 locations 3 days
- ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy 3 Day ITIL Service Lifecycle Course - Covers the aspects of Service Strategy code LSS next date December 06 in Manchester 7 other dates in 7 locations 3 days
- ITIL Service Lifecycle: Service Design 3 Day ITIL Service Lifecycle Course - Covers the aspects of Service Design code LSD next date December 02 in London 7 other dates in 5 locations 3 days
- ITIL Service Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement 3 Day ITIL Service Lifecycle Course - Covers aspects of Continual Service Improvement (CSI) code LCSI next date December 05 in Leeds (City Exchange) 6 other dates in 6 locations 3 days
- ITIL v3 Intermediate Level Lifecycle Stream ITIL v3 Intermediate Level Lifecycle Stream certification
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
|ITILLST||Leeds (City Exchange)||3 days||$1,935||15-17|
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.