APMP Examination Preparation Workshop
The attainment of accreditations offered by professional bodies such as the Association for Project Management (APM) is increasingly seen as a recognised indicator of competence in project management. APM qualifications are aligned the International Project Management Association (IPMA) competency levels, and the APM Professional (APMP) qualification is recognised as IPMA Level D.This workshop provides delegates who have already acquired a solid understanding and practical experience of project management with a rapid route to the APM Professional examination (based on the APM Body of Knowledge, 5th Edition). It will enable delegates to understand the key elements of the APMP syllabus, get to grips with the specific examination language, and learn strategies and tactics for approaching the examination. Examination practice and feedback is included in the workshop.Delegates may choose to sit the APM Professional examination on the morning of the day after the course or at a later date. Those wishing to take this examination must also book on course code APMPEX-3 (or APMPEXR-3 if re-sitting the examination).
This is an intensive two-day workshop which combines presentations with individual and group practice of examination questions. Delegates will have the opportunity to raise and address examination topics of personal concern and will be expected to undertake some evening work at the end of both days.
Business Case and Benefits Management1 topic
- Why a business case; Typical contents; Cost benefit analysis; Appraisal methods; Payback; ROI; Discounting methods
Project Environment Context1 topic
- Understanding; PESTLE analysis
Programme and Portfolio Management1 topic
- Differences; Advantages and disadvantages
Project Life Cycle1 topic
- Uses; Benefits; Project and Product lifecycle; Requirements Management
Organisational Structure and Roles1 topic
- Stakeholder analysis; Key Roles; Setting expectations
Risk Management1 topic
- Risk management planning; Risks and Issues; Identification and assessment techniques; Mitigation options; Documentation
Work Breakdown Structures1 topic
- Product, work and organisational structures; Benefits
Configuration Management1 topic
- Principles; Roles; Techniques; Information management
Communications Management1 topic
- Communications planning; Rationale; Contents; Relationship with PMP
Change Control1 topic
- Scope and impact analysis; Authorisation; Effecting changes; Documentation
Health, Safety and Environment1 topic
- Roles and resposibilities; Project Management contribution; Health and Safety planning
- Network analysis; Critical path; Float and free float; Gantt chart; Resource histogram; Resource smaoothing and resource levelling
Quality Management1 topic
- Quality management systems; Total quality management; Quality planning; Quality assurance; Quailty control; The Quality Plan
Earned Value Management1 topic
- Understanding the terms; Use as a control mechanism; The various indices
Strategy/Project Management Plan1 topic
- Purpose and Objectives; Typical content; Ownership; Place in the project; Updating
Belbin and Team Building1 topic
- Review of Belbin roles; Tuckman model for team building; Other initiatives; Review of motivation models
This course is suitable for anyone who has been involved in the management of projects. It is ideal for those who are already familiar with project management through hands-on experience and/or previous training
Those wishing to take the APM Professional examination must also book on course code APMPEX-3 (or APMPEXR-3 if re-sitting the examination). Note that examination application forms must be received by the APM at least two weeks prior to the examination date.
Delegates should have a sound understanding of project management and should be broadly familiar with the topics covered on the APMP syllabus. Ideally delegates should have attended the Project Management course or equivalent.
Delegates will be expected to undertake some pre-course work in order to fully benefit from the workshop.
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.