ICSNS Implementing Cisco Storage Networking Solutions
This course enables the student to describe and configure the hardware and software components of the Cisco MDS 9000 product family, focusing on key technologies and features that apply to departmental, mid-range, and enterprise SANs. The ICSNS course combines MDSCT and CMSE into a single course, updated for SAN-O 2.1, 3.0, and with basic networking content added.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
- Given a SAN environment, identify the components, services, and features of the MDS 9000 platform that can be used to improve the availability, scalability, performance, and manageability of the SAN
- Given an MDS 9000 switch, safely install the switch hardware and perform the initial software configuration process
- Given a SAN design, implement the logical topology specified by a SAN design, so that connectivity between end devices can be verified
- Given a SAN design, describe the traffic management features associated with Intelligent Network Services for the MDS 9000 series in order to configure basic traffic management services for the SAN
- Given a SAN environment, describe how to use FCIP to implement appropriate solutions for SAN extension
- Given a SAN environment, identify MDS 9000 diagnostic tools in order to diagnose SAN problems and common configuration errors
Who Should Attend
- Channel Partner/Reseller
Course Content8 topics
- MDS 9000 Platform Overview
- System Installation and Initial Configuration
- Building Virtual SANs
- Managing SAN Traffic
- Implementing FCIP
- Troubleshooting Tools and Scenarios
- The Fibre Channel Protocol
- Installation and Configuration Reference
A basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including SCSI and Fibre Channel is required.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.