CIPT2V8: Cisco IP Telephony Part 2 v8
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications IP Telephony Part 2 (CIPT2) v8 prepares you for installing and configuring, a Cisco Unified Communications Manager solution in a multisite environment. This course focuses on Cisco Unified CallManager Release 8, the call routing and signaling component for the Cisco Unified Communications solution. It also includes H.323 and Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP) gateway implementation, the use of a Cisco Unified Border Element, and configuration of Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST), different mobility features, and voice security.
This course includes lab activities in which you will apply a dial plan for a multisite environment, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure and implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN. You will also enable call admission control (CAC) and automated alternate routing (AAR), a feature that allows rerouting of calls over the public switched telephone network (PSTN) in case of no available bandwidth. There are labs for implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Mobility, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Extension Mobility, Cisco Unified Mobility, and voice security.
Multisite Deployments4 topics
- Identifying Issues in a Multisite Deployment
- Identifying Solutions for a Multisite Deployment
- Implementing Multisite Connections Hardening the IP Phone
- Implementing a Dial Plan for Multisite Deployments
Centralized Call-Processing Redundancy3 topics
- Examining Remote Site Redundancy Options
- Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
- Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
Bandwidth Management and Call Admission Control2 topics
- Implementing Bandwidth Management
- Implementing Call Admission Control
Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments3 topics
- Implementing Call Applications on Cisco IOS Gateways
- Implementing Device Mobility
- Implementing Extension Mobility Implementing Cisco Unified Mobility
Multisite Deployments2 topics
- Understanding Cryptographic Fundamentals and PKI
- Understanding Native Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security Features and Cisco Unified Communications Manager PKI Implementing Security in Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites:
* Working knowledge of fundamental terms & concepts of computer networking to include LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing. CCNA Recommended
* Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches and to enable VLANs and DHCP. BCMSN Recommended
* Fundamental knowledge of converged voice and data networks. CVOICE Recommended
* Ability to configure voice interfaces on Cisco voice-enabled equipment for connection to traditional, nonpacketized telephony equipment and to configure the call flows for POTS and VoIP dial peers. CIPT1 Recommended
- CIPT1V8: Cisco IP Telephony Part 1 v8 CIPT1V8 is a 5-day official Cisco training course on Cisco IP Telephony using Cisco Unified Communications Manager version 8. Hands on training. code CIPT1V8 next date December 09 in Cirencester 1 other date in London - Old Broad Street 5 days
- CVOICE8: Implementing Cisco Voice Communications and QoS v8.0 A 5-day Training Course on CVOICE8: Implementing Cisco Voice Communications; Provides the knowledge and skills for implementing IP telephony in a Cisco Unified Communications environment. code CVOICE8 next date January 13 in London 2 other dates in 2 locations 5 days
- CCNP Voice Professional The CCNP Voice certification recognizes the increased importance placed on IT professionals of today who are responsible for integrating voice technology into underlying network architectures. Individ...
Dates & Locations
Click on a course date to make a booking enquiry, or find out about available discounts.
Would you like this course to be delivered at your location? Make an Onsite Enquiry or call Sales on 408-759-5074.